The National Achievers Conference in Sydney was JUST incredible!
Find a summary of my notes below. They are a bit arbitrary when out of context but there are some huge pockets of wisdom in here!
Follow these guys on Instagram, if you are not already:
Apologies for the poor quality zoomed-in iPhone pics.
- If you’re not successful by now, you suck.
- Success is about communicating at scale.
- Social is media is mastering communication.
- Focus on what they want. SLOW and THEM, not FAST and YOU.
- Talk & share value on what you give a shit about.
- Want a job a company? Follow their employees on socials and start a conversation. Use that as a gateway into the company.
- To stand out in a flooded market, innovate in either your product AND/OR your communication.
- Remove yourself emotionally from business. Focus on happiness and self awareness.
Three things to focus on right now:
- Podcasts – Start your own podcast today. (See our top Podcasting microphones) Record your sessions on video too, and also transcribe them to make your content go further.
- LinkedIn – This is the place to be for B2B right now, before the big corporates get in. Post organically 4-5 times a day.
- Influencer Marketing – Totally undervalued right now & the biggest ROI when working with smaller niched influencers.
Gary’s latest book:
- Money follows attention
- Study super successful people. You’re most likely in the middle class and surrounded by middle class folk. You need to break free of this thinking.
- Invest time into money. Create time by buying time.
- Wealth comes from helping others, and multiplying their success. Focus on making other’s great.
- There is no ROI if you spend $0 on investment
- Best KNOWN, beats best every time
3 investments in life to focus on:
- Invest in yourself. Waste money on yourself. Continuously educate.
- Invest in your business and only after it has surplus passive money…
- Invest in other cash flow assets
Grant’s best book:
- As a couple, love is not holding hands and putting your phone down while you watch TV. It is achieving each other’s goals and nurturing that. You need to be your partner’s biggest fan.
- eg. Clysdale horses: 1 horse can carry X load, 2 horses can carry XX loads, but 2 horses training to work together can carry X10 the load. You need to work together.
- If you want to learn, go deep on a person. eg. Buffet, Cardone, Gary Lee, etc
- Become a weapon of mass creation.
- Her book: “Build an Empire”
Elena’s latest book:
- Scale = Freedom
- Mere-Exposure Concept: By 2020, your brand will need to be exposed to consumers on average 20 times before a sale is made.
- UTILITY Marketing (aka helpful marketing) is what you need to focus your efforts on. Provide helpful resources. Don’t sell.
- Do more video. “Dare to suck”
- Social media is the modern day word of mouth
- Visual Content trumps all. Quotes, infographics, videos, etc
- Users have an average of 7 social accounts. Be on all of them to accelerate those 20 exposures.
- The Mayfair Instagram filter gets the most engagement
- Conversation is the new lead. Create relationships first.
6 Instagram Hacks
- Use Instagram to search for 3-50 relevant active hashtags
- Use 5 researched hashtags per post, at minimum
- Spend 5 mins engaging on other relevant posts prior to publishing
- Heart and reply to comments quickly
- Ask users questions and/or a prize to first commenters
- Ask questions in stories to create engagement
- Use direct messages to engage and then take user off the platform
- 85% of users watch video in silence. Add captions to your videos.
- Rather than use Facebooks ads to sell directly. First, use native video. If a user watches the video, retarget them with a more focused video. Repeat process 5 times until you have a small number of highly segmented and qualified leads. Give a CTA freebie such as eBook, then start a new funnel of engagement and nurturing (eg. FAQ, 1on1s, Before and Afters), then sell. You’ll convert 80 to 100% of the time.
- For fast growth focus on 5 things: mindset, planning, marketing, sales and leadership.
- Start joint ventures with other businesses so they promote yours
If you DM Kerwin on Instagram, you can get a social media hacks eBook guide.
I didn’t get a pic of Adam so here is my mug instead!
- It costs only $40/m to sell on Amazon. No other over heads
- Products earn money and require little time investment
- Amazon shoppers shop visually so you need to differentiate that way
- To make money, you need demand, limited other products and GAS factor (give a shit factor). eg. tissues no one cares to read reviews, but a wedding dress does so there is more GAS
- Differentiate your products by niching… eg. can change color, form, race, etc
- Consider selling products with no bragging rights. eg. a piss machine VS a trendy eco vegan product
- Create something new & innovative. You can hire an illustrator on UpWork and then get it produced in China.
- More info in his book PRIMED.
Adam’s latest book:
Go follow these guys on Instagram, if you are not already: